Friday, November 10, 2006

Nous Commençons

Well, I have first post anxiety here.. I live in Brussels with my partner. He works and I do the trailing significant other thing. Since moving here I have been quite resourceful in looking for ways to meet new people. One of the nice things about meeting new people is that you can share suggestions on restaurants, a place to get your shoes fixed (any woman living here must know how important this is...),where to get good wine. You know, all of the important things. Another thing that I notice is that sometimes we as expats aren't treated very good by the lovely service community of Belgium. Maybe they don't even treat their fellow Belgians well, but I'm not so convinced.

I have always wanted to start a blog to share these stories, and I wasn't sure where to begin. Last week I went out with my wonderful British friend for coffee at the Pain Quotidien on Louis LePoutre. I love to go there for a late afternoon coffee. It's cozy, and there's no smoking. I can't say much for the service, but the coffee is always yummy and there just might be a blog in the works about their quiches! Anyway, she went on to tell me this hilarious story about an experience that she had, and it was so funny that I then decided that it was time to start the blog. Instead of me being the sole writer, I want to have my friends write little pieces. So it should be fun, and a great collaboration between a diverse group of people.

No comments: